11/6/14

STUFF AND THINGS

When I saw Ryan's post today, I thought I would jump in with some random updates. So, I'm linking up with Kristin and Joey for the first time!


:: One of my 101 in 1001 is to watch 10 classic films. I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's a few weeks ago for the first time. It is SO not what I thought it was. But I thought it was really really cute. I did get super upset near the end though (with the cat thing). I almost turned it off.. thankfully things turned around pretty quick! Ha. Do y'all have any suggestions for other classic movies?

:: I'm reading like 6 books currently. Seriously. I have a book in every room, one on the stationary bike for when I work out, and a few in my car. I just pick up whichever one is close and start reading. Somehow, I can keep them all separate in my head.  I need to do a post on all my recent reads.

:: I'm about out of all my makeup. I always wait until the very last minute to replace things. I LOVE to go to Ulta and get my shop on. But, I'm not super fond of the hit our bank account takes. So, I've been going makeup free most days. I've been making lists of things to try and I should really go before the list gets any more out of hand!

:: Speaking of makeup... do y'all worry about what's in your makeup? I am trying to get stuff that is paraben free. It's been a struggle. It has REALLY limited my eye makeup options. Mascara is the most difficult for me to find that is paraben free and good quality. Do y'all have any suggestions?

:: The Dallas Cowboys are playing in London this week. I SO wish I could be there. I've always wanted to go to England. I blame it on all the chick lit I've read (Shopaholic series... I'm looking at you!).

:: We are going to the car show tonight. I haven't been in a few years, but we are hoping to get me new car in the near future and C's sister works for a dealer so she got us tickets. Also...my husband LOVES to go to the car show. He's pretty excited!

:: When we were out driving around one day last week, we found an antique sewing desk in front of a house. They just wanted to get rid of it... so we got it for FREE. YAY!! I was looking for a sort of side table for the living room, and this fit perfectly.

:: We are refinishing our media cabinet (it's really just an old dresser) this weekend. We may actually get our living room pulled together. We've only lived here 8 months.. I guess it's time.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up! I love love LOVE that photo! And classic films are so good! I really need to get a few more under my belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shopaholic series is the best. I'm in the middle of the brand new one (Shopaholic to the Stars) now. Not as good as the first few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to the book thing - I have stacks of books next to my bed that I need to finish reading!

    ReplyDelete