11/12/14

WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY

All throughout October, as I was writing only about weight loss, I kept thinking how freeing it would be to able to write about whatever I wanted come November.

Um... No.

Going through a bit of a boring spell right now, I guess.

Anyway, thank goodness for Wednesdays! I can share my weigh in results!! I didn't go to WW last week. The week before I gained the 1.6 that I had lost the previous week. I really wasn't sure what to expect last night!



Thankfully, I lost weight!! I actually lost 1.6 (!!!). So I'm back down to 11 pounds lost overall (at WW, anyway). I'm excited to have lost, don't get me wrong. It's just that I'm also a little frustrated in this roller coaster thing I've got going on.

But, it's my fault.

I'm not trying to throw a pity party or beat myself up. But, here is the cold, hard truth. I'm getting out of this EXACTLY what I'm putting into it. I just tried using the thesaurus for the word I want to use here (half-a**ed) and nothing quite captures that sentiment. So here's the deal: I'm getting those kind of results because I'm putting in similar effort. Plain and simple.

I mean, it's a pretty basic concept that we all sort of know. You get out of things what you put into them. Right? I mean, save for a few exceptions... that is how life works. I wont tell y'all I've given 100% on this journey. I won't even pretend to have given 75%. I have probably averaged around 50% and I think my results are proof of that.


And? Honestly? I'm not okay with this. I wish going to WW and sitting through my weigh-in and meeting were enough. I wish more than anything that WANTING to lose weight was all it took. I would be tiny! Ha. But, there is hard work involved. You have to make changes to see changes. (I'm all about the cliches today). So, I'm really challenging myself to find areas where I'm being stubborn about not making changes. And then, TACKLING them!!


This week I'm going to continue to try and track my points everyday. I think this is the best measurement of my effort. And, for whatever reason (probably because of my lack of effort) it is something that I have a hard time doing day in and day out. It's not a time thing for me (it seriously takes 2 seconds to track my food each meal) ... it's a bad habit thing. And maybe one of those stubborn things I mentioned earlier.

Hope y'all are having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 1+ pound loss! I love, love that quote! While you're tracking your points, I'm going to be working on writing down every single thing I eat and drink in my food journal. Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the loss!! I know ALL about the weight loss rollercoaster! It is a rough ride to stop!
    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete