5/21/15

EVEN MORE RAMBLINGS

So, I'm not so good at blogging these days. I try (bless my heart)...but most days I just don't do anything worth writing about.

I mentioned in my last post that my dad fell off a ladder while trying to trim his tree. He had back surgery last Wednesday and has been home since Friday afternoon (crazy!!). He's still in a lot of pain but is able to walk around his house and plot his revenge on the tree that caused all of this.

I spent almost every day at the hospital last week and several days at home with him once he was released. I feel like I haven't been home in about 3 weeks (and I've actually been home every night). It's so weird...I mean, it's not like I'm the one that fell or that I was even doing anything all that strenuous at the hospital. But, stress can really wear you out! I also never realize what a homebody I am until I haven't spent very much time here. The good news is that it has got me motivated to do some projects around here to get this little apartment extra cozy and cute.

We are still hoping to buy a home later this year, possibly (hopefully!) in the fall. Finances stress me out. To be more specific - student loans STRESS this girl out. I'm so grateful for my education. But, I made some silly (um, stupid) decisions when getting loans to pay for said education. They are HAUNTING me.

Anyway, I've been feeling like I've been in a major rut for several months now. With blogging, with my weight loss, my faith, my career, etc. I need a recharge...in the worst way. We've talked about going on a little vacation or even just a weekend road trip. How fun would that be? Of course, we are really trying to be prudent with our finances...so I think we are going to just take a little day trip to somewhere near here this weekend. We get lots of thinking, talking, dreaming and action planning done when we take our "drives". Maybe that will be just the thing to rejuvenate our tired selves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment