12/30/16

PEACE OUT 2016


I just wrapped up my last email for the day...and realized it was my last work related email for the year! So fun. It's crazy to think that December is over already. I realize I say that every month...but seriously, where did it go? 

Naturally....I can't believe the year is over.  Y'all know I love the promise of a new month...and especially a new year...but I don't want to rush these last few moments of 2016. I'm looking forward to C being off the next 3 days. We've got some fun things planned as well as some serious lounging time on the docket. Love when he is home!!! I've gotten SO spoiled to all his vacation days this month!! 

I've been doing a lot of reflecting this week. There have been a lot of great things that happened this year. Lots of family time and fun road trips. New experiences and new friends. And, certainly the Dallas Cowboys are a bright BRIGHT spot for me! Ha.  But 2016 has also been a difficult year - mostly of my own doing. We had some issues at the beginning of the year that I let get to me in a major way, and I never really snapped back. I just felt defeated all year long. And....I'm officially over that feeling!! 

source

I am SO looking forward to changing things up next year. I have a tendency to make lists and get excited but then quickly lose my motivation. If you've been following my blog for anytime at all...you've no doubt witnessed this pattern. I think a lot of my problem was not really knowing what I wanted. Total lack of motivation...in just about every area of my life. I've been doing a lot of soul searching...and it's come down to asking myself WHAT I want....and then following it up with WHY. And, that seems to have unlocked an entire section of my head and heart. 

AND THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!

Seriously...I'm not sure how to adequately share my excitement over the changes I'll be making in 2017. Like jumping up and down giddy - excited. I can't wait!!

I hope each of you has an amazing last few hours of 2016...and here's to new beginnings in 2017!!

No comments:

Post a Comment