1/14/15

WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY

So.

It's Wednesday. Which means I should be sharing my weigh in results.  Especially since I didn't go to my meeting (or share my results) LAST WEEK.

Except.... I didn't go to my meeting (again) last night. Not starting off this year with the dedication I had hoped for. Geesh.

To be fair, there were several reasons (um, excuses) that I stayed home last night. I didn't feel good. I took a nap (seriously...like a 4 hour nap!! which, I promise I never do) C worked late (we normally go out for a salad together after my weigh in). And, of course... the number one reason I talked myself out of going...I knew I had gained.

Nothing too drastic. I've gained maybe a pound since I hit the 18.3 pound mark at the end of December. So it's not like I'm freaking out over that pound. I am, however, freaking out over the fact that I seem to have lost my motivation. Easy come, easy go. Right?

I had errands to run earlier today, so I got lunch out. This is a bad, bad habit...that even my taste buds are sick of (that's how you know you eat out too much...when nowhere sounds good). And I just couldn't help but think how hard I am making this on myself. I mean really. Losing weight...the actual process is REALLY simple. I KNOW what to do. I KNOW how to do it. I KNOW I am capable of doing it. I also KNOW that it works when I do it.

The problem? Me. My emotions. My laziness. I feel like this is a broken record type blog post. I am sure it would take about 2 seconds to find a few other posts that mimic these exact sentiments. But... that just proves that this is my real issue.

So, I cam home, I reset my WW password (cause I haven't logged on in so long that I forgot it). And I tracked my insanely high point lunch.

Then, I thought about something I read on Facebook the other day. It was a post by one of my favorite authors, Jen Lancaster. You can read the post I'm talking about here. Basically, she repeats what I've read several times over and what I've known for years. You've got to get down to the root of the issues.

I mean, yes, I know WHAT to do to lose weight. I could probably write a book on it. BUT...what I don't know is WHY I DON'T DO IT. I used to think it was just because I liked chocolate and peanut butter....especially together. But the older I get, I feel like there is more to it than that.

I don't have any deep dark secrets in my closet like some people you read about (that have to tackle those demons before they can lose weight). But clearly, there is some road block here that is a lot more profound than my love of all things carbohydrates.

So, I'm going to work really hard on just doing what I need to do (tracking my points, getting in my healthy checks, and trying to be more active). But, I'm also going to be doing some soul searching...which if I'm being honest...I hate to do.

And, I'm going to go to my weigh in next week. Because, if there is one thing I know... avoiding your problems rarely makes them better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time these days. You can do it. Just find a place to start.

    ReplyDelete