1/21/15

WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY

Happy Wednesday y'all!

So, first things first... I went to WW last night. I really wasn't sure what to expect. At home, my weight has fluctuated up and down (mostly up) since Christmas. I hadn't been to a weigh in since 12/30...so I was just preparing myself for a gain. And I did. 0.7 pounds. I suppose that is way better than it could have been.

Obviously (begin broken record part of blog post here) it could have been a lot better. In 3 weeks I could have lost 7 pounds instead of gaining .7.  BUT...I am getting out of this exactly what I'm putting in to it.

I don't want to dwell on the same ole things. I feel like every week that I gain (or don't go to my meeting) is a similar post. So, moving on.

I carry a lot of my weight in my belly. And that is the last place it seems to go from when I'm losing. Typically I lose weight in my face, chest and fingers (HA!) first. So, I started reading a bunch of stuff on how to lose belly fat. Clearly you can't just tell your body where you would like it to lose fat. Wouldn't that be nice though?! And I know you can't spot train away all your issues. I know no amount of sit ups and/or crunches is going to be sufficient to lose the flab. BUT...I did find some interesting stuff.

1. Cardio. I need to be doing more. Duh, right?! But almost everything I read said you should be doing a minimum of 30 minutes of "intense" cardio 6 (SIX!!!) days a week. Basically I need to be sweating more. My little 20 minute walks (though they still kick my out of shape bootie) aren't going to cut it for fat loss (especially belly fat loss). This depresses me to no end. Ha.

2. Stress. Apparently stress gives you belly fat. Lovely. I need to figure out how to deal with all the worrying I'm doing. I think working out more will actually help that. Of course I'm stressing out about working out more...so I don't know.

3. Sleep. I've talked about this a ton...but my sleep habits are AWFUL. I may sleep 3 hours one night and 10 the next. This is something I've been wanting to work on for a while...and I just need to work harder at getting on a schedule.

I saw a girl on Instagram the other day who sets alarms for herself at night. Like when the first alarm goes off she turns off the television or computer, she gets off her phone, she sets the coffee maker, etc. Then when the second alarm goes off 15 minutes later, she washes her face, brushes her teeth and does all her nightly routine things. Then, when the third alarm goes off 15 minutes after that, she gets in bed. I LOVE this idea. I know you'd think I could just do this all on my own...but you'd be wrong. I think I'm going to try and implement this into my nights...see if it makes a difference.

via
I know that these three things will help with my overall health and weight loss. It's an added bonus if they help whittle down my waist! I spend a lot of time obsessing over all the things I want to change about myself and my life, but if I'm being honest...I rarely make any behavioral changes in order to achieve these goals. Something has to change in order for me to change, right?!

I hope y'all are having a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment