11/2/16

COWBOY BOOTS

Maybe it's having being born during the Urban Cowboy era, or maybe, it is just from being a Texas girl. But I confess - my love of western wear runs deep. Case in point: 

looking super cute with my dad and my step-dad
Admittedly, it has been a while since I've worn a feather embellished cowboy hat or a fancy pearl snap shirt, but my love of cowboy boots remains as strong as ever. My mom  just found my first pair of little boots! I was probably wearing them in the two pictures above. And, I actually changed into a pair of boots for our reception. Much easier to dance in boots than heels! I think some western wear can be a bit trendy and easily fade into a dated fad (I mean, will you look at those hats?!) But, cowboy boots are just so timeless. 


Some of my favorite girls (and style icons) have been known to rock a pair of boots. And, if it's good enough for Carrie, Miranda and Reese? It's good enough for me!

C likes to do most of his shopping at western stores. I love to tag along and make a beeline for the boots. Rows of colorful, detailed boots is one of the prettiest sites there is. And the smell of the leather? Lord have mercy.

King Ranch Saddle Shop has such a fun selection of boots. They have something classic and something a little bit more embellished ... and lots of things in between. The great thing about boots is that you can dress them up or down. I thought it would be fun to showcase some of my favorites from the store with some ideas for styling them. 

shirt / leggings / jacket / necklace / earrings / cross ring / clutch / red boots
Y'all red boots?! So sassy. But so so fun for a night on the town!! I love the idea of pairing them with a leopard clutch and a cute little leather jacket but keeping the rest of the outfit simple. I'm LOVING the silver cross ring from KRSS. These boots would be great with all black as well!

sweater / leggings / cross boots / turquoise earrings 
These leather boots with cross embellishment are giving me life. I think they are just gorgeous. I'm a big fan of brown leather. And crosses. They just scream comfort to me. So I paired them with a cozy sweater and leggings. Kept the jewelry simple with this gorgeous set of turquoise earnings. So fun. I would seriously wear something like this everyday!

shirt / jeans / earrings / bag / sunglasses / turquoise boots
Speaking of something I'd wear every day....denim on denim (aka the Texas Tuxedo). It is such a classic look. And how gorgeous are these turquoise boots? And this bag is may be one of the prettiest things I've ever seen! LOVE it.


Once you've got a new pair of boots, you'll need to take care of them. The sweet people at King Ranch Saddle Shop were kind enough to share these tips on keeping your boots in the best shape. They also have some leather conditioner that is amazing!




If you have read my blog any at all, you know that I am currently on a journey to better health. I am down over twenty pounds! I still have a long way to go, so I have set up some little rewards for milestones along the way. Naturally, a new pair of boots is one of these rewards. I've had my eye on these boots FOREVER. It was definitely love at first site. I mean, if I were to be a boot, I'd be this boot. And when I get them? I will wear them with everything....because that's just what you do with a signature pair of cowboy boots.

1 comment:

  1. Love those boots! Boots will last forever when you take care of them properly :)

    ReplyDelete