11/15/16

LET'S TALK :: MAGNOLIA MARKET TRIP

Hey y'all!! Welcome to the first ever "Talk About It Tuesday" link up!! I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you will link up your blog post below. And don't forget to visit my co-host (and friend!) Melissa.



So for today, I thought I would talk all about our little trip to Waco last Thursday.

Y'all are probably all familiar with the show Fixer Upper on HGTV.  I remember stumbling upon it mid first season. I could not get enough of it!! I just adore Chip and Joanna: them, their family, their designs. LOVE it all.


I talked about them so much, that we decided to just go see the shop last year. Waco is only a little over an hour from here, so it's an easy little trip. They were still in her original shop on Bosque. I was shocked at how tiny it was. But, it was all so very Joanna. And it was quite the place to be; there were a ton of people there...on a random day in the middle of the week.

My grandmother has been talking about going for months, so C called her up a few weeks ago and asked her if she wanted to go with us. Such a sweet man!! The new silos have been open over a year, but it's still really busy, so we planned for another mid-week trip.


We got there a little after 9 and it was already so crowded. We parked near the bakery...and y'all...the smell was AMAZING. We knew we were stopping for kolaches on the way home, so didn't indulge...but it could have been so dangerous. I've heard the cinnamon rolls are to die for. Next time!


I have seen pictures all over Instagram of people visiting the new silos and market, but I guess I didn't know what to expect. When we went last year, we drove by the silos, but it was all still very much under construction.  I couldn't believe how it was all pulled together. And so pretty.





The landscaping was incredible. I wanted to rush home and redecorate AND plant ALL THE FLOWERS! I just kept taking pictures of plants. Ha!


This is the only picture I got inside. It was VERY crowded in the upstairs part. And it was like sensory overload. I seriously could have bought one of everything, but I didn't know where to start! So, I bought a t-shirt. HA!! I told C that it was just a warm up trip. Next time will mean business!


Such a fun trip. So grateful for that time with my husband and my grandmother. If only we could have seen Chip and Jojo!!

Also linking up with Crystal for Tuesday Talk. Be sure to check her out. 

4 comments:

  1. I just love this post so much, how precious of a day with your grandmother!! Happy Tuesday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cute! I saw your Instastory on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazingly fun trip! Thanks for hosting the linkup. I love that you took your grandma with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what an awesome trip! I so want to go to the silos!!

    ReplyDelete