4/13/15

WEEKEND WRAPUP / WEEKLY GOALS


We had a pretty low key weekend...and it was awesome. After too many non-eventful weekends, I get restless...but for now, they are definitely welcome.

We cooked every dinner this weekend...which is kind of a big deal (see previous weekends). I made this spicy pasta Friday night. I also painted my nails...something I hadn't done in far too long. The color is Watermelon by Essie.  C had to go into work for a bit Saturday morning, so I read and drank some green tea. It's taken a while to get used to plain green tea (no sugar), but I am really enjoying it now.  Saturday afternoon, we met up with my mom and Dalton (nephew) and I took a couple of cute shots of him in the bluebonnets near where we live. And, yesterday, we took the afternoon off...drove through the country a bit. We stopped to look at a few houses and spent the rest of the time dreaming of the future. It was kind of amazing.

Today has started off slow...as Monday's do. I am dragging. Lots of things on my to-do list...but I've spent a good amount of the day snuggling with Daphne.

So, I started a new thing last week where I set a couple of weekly goals (instead of a massive list of monthly goals). The hope was that it would help me be more focused, and in turn, more accomplished. I'm not sure week one is a good representation of those ambitions. But, I'm going to give it another try this week!

Here's last week's goals:

SPIRITUAL: Read thru She Reads Truth daily Bible reading. Go to church Sunday.
Ehh...I did read the app several days...but we didn't get to church Sunday. I hate that!!

FINANCIAL: Work towards finalizing budget (I've been slacking!).
Still working on this. Yesterday's drive/dream session (and looking at those houses) re-ignited the fire to get to saving though!

MENTAL: Read at least 1 book.
Done! I read the newest installment in Melissa Bourban's Magical Dressmaking series (A Seamless Murder, pictured above). It was cute. 

PHYSICAL: Walk at least 4x (I've been slacking with this too). Go to WW.
I did go to WW (see recap here). I only managed to workout twice though. 

PERSONAL: Get up by 10 every morning (so this will probably require going to sleep before 3 or 4!)
This is the biggest struggle for me. I have managed to go to bed a lot earlier (save for one night when I went to bed at 7 in the morning!!!). But, I usually wake up at 3 or 4 can't go back to sleep for several hours. This is a work in progress. It's a lot better than it has been though...so that is promising.

FAMILY: Spend quality time (no tv/social media) with C.
Yesterday's drive was fun. We also managed to just hang out a lot last week. Love him!

CREATIVE: Take a photo everyday. Blog 3x.
I think I did pretty good with this. I blogged 5x last week! That was my goal for the month...so that feels good! I'm pretty sure I took a pic everyday also. I missed a few days of putting one on Insta...but I still took at least one picture a day. Yay!

PROFESSIONAL: Finish paperwork for school (pray over this). Wrap up all open orders for design stuff.
I have one "old" order I'm still trying to finish up...hopefully today or tomorrow. I've prayed a lot about the school thing...we'll see what happens!

So, I guess I did okay. Maybe about 50%. I'm going to try and do a little better this week...especially since this weeks goals are pretty much the same as last weeks.

SPIRITUAL: Read thru She Reads Truth daily Bible reading. Go to church Sunday.

FINANCIAL: Work towards finalizing budget.

MENTAL: Read at least 1 book.

PHYSICAL: Walk at least 4x. Go to WW. Track EVERY day. 

PERSONAL: Get up by 10 every morning (keep trying!!)

FAMILY: Spend quality time (no tv/social media) with C. Send out all the birthday cards I've not sent out!

CREATIVE: Take a photo everyday. Blog 3x.

PROFESSIONAL: Follow up with school stuff. Wrap up all open orders for design stuff.

These seem like pretty basic goals for the week...and they are. I feel kind of silly even putting them on my to-do list...they should really be routine. Hopefully I can make that happen in the next couple of weeks and move on to some bigger challenges!

linking up with Meg for Mingle Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment