10/12/14

BAD HABITS

You know, it's a little challenging to blog 31 days about weight loss when you aren't losing weight everyday. I sit here, staring at the blank screen wondering yet again WHY I chose this topic?

And then I remember, it's not just about getting skinny. Sure, that is the motivation. But, the real reason I chose this topic is to think more about losing weight. That sounds absurd, as anyone with weight issues will assure you that there is rarely a moment when they don't think about it.

But, instead of focusing on the physical frustrations and past failures, I wanted to challenge myself to think about WHY I'm fat. WHY I have failed in the past. WHY I am not happy in my own skin. WHAT I need to do to change these things. And, honestly? WHAT I'm willing to do. 

So, today, I'm going to dig a little deeper into some of my bad habits. 

I've talked about my sleep schedule being a road block, as well as eating out too often.

But, there are still a few other things I think 

1. Soda. Oh Y'all, I do love Coke. I used to joke that I would rather give up food than soda. Obviously this is bad for my weight... but also really bad for my health. I have tried to give up soda SO many times. But, it's a tough one. 

2. Starting and stopping. On one hand, it's good to never give up. On the other, it's wrecking my metabolism. 

3. Comparison. It truly is the thief of joy. I look at other girls and hate myself for not looking like them. I almost always assume their lives are probably far better than mine. Which, I know is crazy. Just like I know that when I lose all my weight, I won't magically be living a fairy tale. 

I also struggle with comparing my weight loss journey to others. I love to be inspired and motivated by those who have found success on this journey. But, if I'm not careful, I will find myself getting jealous of how much they have lost or how motivated they are.  It's not a competition!

4. Not eating breakfast. Well, that and not eating a lot of food in general. I mean, I KNOW for a fact it's not an issue of not enough calories. But, I don't think it's healthy to get all your calories scrunched up within a few hours. Because of my sleep schedule, it feels like I eat lunch, then a few hours later... eat dinner. I need to make better food choices. I also need to make sure that my calories are being spread evenly throughout my day.

5. Not working out. I have started working out again, but I know that I nowhere near as active as I should (and could!) be. I remember when we first moved back to where we live now, we tried to go for a walk and I could not even walk 1/4 of a mile without being completely worn out. I couldn't believe how out of shape I had let myself get over just a year. Thankfully, it's gotten a little better. But, I need to make exercise a routine part of my life ... FOREVER. My life will be so much better because of it.

6. Processed. Processed. Processed. This is something that is thankfully getting better. But, there is something really addicting about fake food. Cereal anyone?

7. Not tracking my points/meals/calories. This is the MAIN aspect of Weight Watchers. When I do it, I lose weight - without fail! So, I'm not real sure why it is such a difficult thing for me to do. It doesn't really take that much effort. I just can't seem to MAKE myself do it. 

I'm sure if I kept thinking about this, I would come up with several more. But, I'll try not to be too hard on myself today! Ha. 

I'll be back tomorrow to discuss my good habits! There's got to be a few!!! 

Do y'all have any bad habits?

click here to read all my 31 days to weight loss posts

1 comment:

  1. My worst habit is probably that I decide I want to weigh X amount by Y date. When I don't achieve X weight by Y date, I give up. Then the cycle of craziness begins again!! I also eat to stay awake because I don't like the way caffeine makes me feel. We all have bad habits. Sometimes it's hard to believe that the next gal struggles when all we see is the highlight reel of the weight loss success story on blogs or facebook. Still cheering you on and am glad you're going to share your good habits too!

    ReplyDelete