10/8/14

WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY

First things first. I weigh in on Tuesday evenings, so I'll be updating my progress here every Wednesday. 


I was a little nervous about last night's meeting. Despite being motivated and blogging about this journey, I am still me. I felt myself slipping back into my bad habits a few times during the week. But, I did lose 1 pound (exactly). So that puts my weight loss at 9.8.  I have gotten so close to the 10 pound mark a couple of times and then I end up gaining.  But, I am just going to declare right here and now that I am going to get that 10 pound star (Weight Watchers reward) next week!!!

MY GOALS FOR last WEEK (10/1 ::  10/7)
Blog everyday
Work out 3x (I did 4x!)
Drink 88 ounces (min) of water everyday
2 Fruit (min) and 2 Veggie (min) everyday
Track all food/activity
Take before pictures and measurements
Go to my WW meeting (Tuesday nights)
Cook 4 meals at home (we are so bad about this)
Make rewards list (more on this soon!)
Daily to-do lists (I need a list to be productive!)

the good
I blogged everyday (yay!). I also managed to work out 4x last week. I'm not doing anything crazy... just the stationary bike that we have for 20-25 minutes. I know that probably seems like nothing to some people. But it's working for me right now. I don't have to go anywhere, and I already feel a difference in my endurance. I will eventually add in more intensity, but for now, this is good for me.  

Getting my water in has been pretty easy. I have a cup that I like that is 22oz. I just have to drink 4 of those a day to get my personal minimums in. I find that if I drink one when I first wake up... it makes things so much easier. If I wait until an hour or two after I wake up? I feel like I'm having to play catch up all day. Plus, it's good for you to get some water in first thing. 

I went to my meeting, but I didn't stay. I was a little aggravated that I didn't hit the 10 pound mark. But, I really do enjoy the meetings... so that is something I want to make sure I do next week (plus I'll have to stay to get my reward, right?!)

I'm going to include daily to-do's on the good. I did this about half the week. I even came up with my own little print out to help me be the best me everyday. 

the bad
The fruits and veggies. I eat a banana almost everyday. And I try to eat an apple everyday as well. But, then some days... I don't eat any fruit. Same with veggies. I had gotten on a kick where I was eating about a cup of broccoli everyday. And then one week I just quit. I'm not very intentional about this. Just another thing I think meal planning would benefit. 

Tracking. I did this about half the time. I did print out a calendar to jot down when I work out because I knew if I didn't write it down...I'd forget. So, I need to take my own advice and remember to at least write down what I'm eating. I'm considering including my food journal in my blog posts... just to sort of help me get in the routine of tracking it. Plus, I think that would add an extra incentive to not eat anything I didn't want to admit I ate. Ha.

the ugly
Eating out. I blogged about this bad habit the other day. But, we have seriously got to get better at meal planning and grocery shopping. I don't have a good excuse for why we don't, but it's definitely something we need to fix. QUICK. 

Sleep. This wasn't on my goals for last week, but I talked about it a lot the other day. I've got to try and get my sleep schedule right. I think it will be so much easier for me (and better for my metabolism) if I "normalize" my hours. I was pretty pumped about trying to go to bed early last night. I was in bed with everything off at 11:30. I was still WIDE AWAKE at 4:30 this morning. UGH. I did get up at 10ish this morning though. So I will just keep trying. 

{OCTOBER 8 - 14}
Blog everyday
Cardio 3x (min 20 minutes)
Strength train 1x
Drink 88 ounces (min) of water everyday
2 Fruit (min) and 2 Veggie (min) everyday
Track all food/activity
Go to bed (lights out) by midnight every night. 
Take before pictures and measurements (I keep forgetting!)
Go to my WW meeting (Tuesday nights)
Cook 4 meals at home (we are so bad about this)
Make rewards list (more on this soon!)
Daily to-do lists (I need a list to be productive!)

click here to read all my 31 days to weight loss posts

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    I love the weekly goals idea! I need a list to be more productive too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... weigh loss

    ReplyDelete