10/22/14

NOT SO WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY

I ended up not going to my meeting last night. I had too many things to do and there just wasn't enough time. But, I did want to share a little scale related story with y'all.  After last weeks weigh in, I was feeling pretty great. I think that 10 pound mark got me feeling a little sassy. That mixed with the knowledge that I would be starting a dietbet and Whole 30 this week had me feeling like I could eat anything I wanted.

And so I did. We ate out a lot in the last week. We always try to share our meal. We always get water. We don't get desserts or anything like that. But, clearly eating out every meal is not the healthiest way to go.

So, when I went to do my official weigh in's Monday night for my dietbets... OH MY GOODNESS. I was up several pounds. My scales at home are pretty consistent with the scales at my meetings... and according to that, I was up FOUR pounds!!! So that's not good.

Yesterday was day one of Whole 30 and I think it went really well (today is a different story!!). When I got on the scale this morning, I was back down to my "normal" weight. Whew. I pray that I can keep this up and see continued success. I do plan on going back to my meeting next week.

In other news, I thought I would look at last weeks goals and see how I did (spoiler alert: bad).


MY GOALS FOR LAST WEEK (10-15 to 10-21)
Blog everyday
Cardio 3x (min 20 minutes)
Strength train 1x
Drink 88 ounces (min) of water everyday
2 Fruit (min) and 2 Veggie (min) everyday
Track all food/activity
Go to bed (lights out) by midnight every night. 
Take before pictures and measurements (I keep forgetting!)
Go to my WW meeting (Tuesday nights)
Cook 4 meals at home (we are so bad about this)
Make rewards list (more on this soon!)
Daily to-do lists (I need a list to be productive!)

So, I kind of dropped that ball on working out and tracking (and eating fruits and veggies). I'm hoping that this week will get better with that, since I'm not tracking points... I just need to write down everything I eat (easy enough, right?).  I am getting better at the going to bed earlier. I went to bed before midnight last night (now I just need to figure out how to sleep 7 hours straight without getting up 100x). 

I did get my before pictures and measurements done (finally)... thanks to the dietbet! I worked on my rewards list some as well. Not the best week as far as productivity is concerned... and the scale definitely showed that. 

(October 22 - October 28)
Blog everyday
Whole 30 everyday!!!
Finish reading It Starts With Food
Cardio 3x (min 20 minutes)
Strength train 1x
Drink 88 ounces (min) of water everyday
2 Fruit (min) and 2 Veggie (min) everyday
Track all food/activity
Go to bed (lights out) by midnight every night. 
Go to my WW meeting (Tuesday nights)
Cook 4 meals at home (we are so bad about this)
Work more on rewards list (more on this soon!)
Daily to-do lists (I need a list to be productive!)

So, basically, a lot more of the same. Maybe one day I won't need to remind myself to do these kind of things... they will just be healthy habits. I can't wait for that... not so much because I hate the to-do list, but because I look forward to getting healthier every week!!

1 comment:

  1. The weight loss journey (like so many others) is a crazy ass winding dipping tumbling circle back then looping forward kind of a journey. Rarely do I think anyone's journey has a perfectly linear direction. You are regrouping and you made a new list. Keep at it. Enjoy the process and the results will come!

    ReplyDelete