10/19/14

SUNDAY NIGHT RAMBLES

So, it's 11pm on Sunday night.... I guess I should blog today!

We have had a really fun weekend. Which, is odd... because we really didn't do much. I guess that is the benefit of marrying someone you genuinely enjoy spending time with.  But that is a post for another day.

via Dallas Cowboys Facebook page
1. Football
My nephews team won yesterday! They moved up an age bracket this year, but are playing against some teams that have been in the bracket for an additional year. We got a little spoiled last year... winning the league Super Bowl. This season has been a bit trickier. But... we are now 3-3 and have a chance at the playoffs! Yay!

The Cowboys are 6-1 after today's win. I can not even handle it. I'm so excited. SO SO SO excited. I'm a huge Cowboys fan. I have ALWAYS been a huge fan... even when the games weren't as fun to watch as they are this season. But, this is a blast!!!


2. Whole 30
I have been plugging away at the book. It is REALLY interesting. I swear, I am seeing myself in almost everything I have read so far (all the bad stuff!). Ha. I am planning on starting my 30 days Tuesday. I'm nervous... I'm not always the best at sticking to things... but I'm going to try and blog/share on social media as a way to keep me accountable.


3. DietBet
I mentioned joining a DietBet in Friday's post. I ended up joining TWO! Yikes. Talk about motivation... I need to get my money back!! Ha. I will do my official picture taking and weigh in tomorrow because both bets start early this week!


4. Bad Thinking
SO basically... my last "free" day is tomorrow. I start Whole 30 and one of the bets on Tuesday and then the other bet the next day (each bet runs 28 days). And I have been OVERLY aware of this. And... I have unfortunately used it as an excuse to eat poorly all weekend. Like, way bad. It's as if I got so wrapped up in this "stuff" I'm going to start this next week, that I forgot that I am already trying to make (permanent) changes. I need to remember that it isn't some one-off thing. I am wanting to continually move towards a more healthy life.

I clearly have a bad relationship with food. This weekend has just been another eye opening experience for me in regards to that. I pray that I make it through the entire 30 days of the program. I hate that I'm already worried about not being able to do it faithfully.

So....

I am declaring right now that I am going to succeed in this 30 day challenge. I mean, goodness gracious... it's only a month.  I pray that it changes the way I think about food. Of course I want to lose weight (preferably over 4%... so I can get my DietBet winnings! ha)... but I really, really want to change the way I eat.

Instead of thinking about how tomorrow is my last/only chance to eat poorly (I'm looking at you french fries and Coke) I'm going to think about how tomorrow is one day closer to changing my relationship with food. Instead of thinking about how this is going to be so difficult,  I'm going to think about how much of a blessing this can be to me.

I hope y'all had a great weekend!! I hope we all have an AMAZING week!!

1 comment:

  1. When it got hard for me, I just kept re-reading this section of the website to myself:

    "It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Birthing a baby is hard. Losing a parent is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You’ve done harder things than this, and you have no excuse not to complete the program as written. It’s only thirty days, and it’s for the most important health cause on earth – the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime."

    You can DO IT!

    ReplyDelete