10/15/14

WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY

So, bad habit or not, I get on the scale daily. I know people say you should only weigh in once a week, but I just can't seem to break that routine. I just do it as sort of a self check. Normally, I don't attach a lot of emotion to what it says. 

Until this past Monday. It was down the lowest it's been in about a year!! That got me pretty pumped! So, I was really looking forward to my weigh in last night. 



The weigh in wasn't as good as my scale at home, but that's okay. I'm down 1.2 for a total of 11 pounds!! WOOT WOOT!  I am finally feeling like I am in the right frame of mind again. And, that is such a big blessing. 

One thing I've repeated to myself over the last 2 years is WHY CAN'T MY MIND GET ON BOARD?!!! I mean, I've done this before with success. I know what to do, and know I'm capable of doing it. But, I just couldn't make myself do it. Being down 10+ pounds is pretty motivating though. I have a long LONG way to go, but this is definitely a big step in the right direction.

MY GOALS FOR LAST WEEK (10-8 to 10-14)
Blog everyday
Cardio 3x (min 20 minutes)
Strength train 1x
Drink 88 ounces (min) of water everyday
2 Fruit (min) and 2 Veggie (min) everyday
Track all food/activity
Go to bed (lights out) by midnight every night. 
Take before pictures and measurements (I keep forgetting!)
Go to my WW meeting (Tuesday nights)
Cook 4 meals at home (we are so bad about this) 
Make rewards list (more on this soon!)
Daily to-do lists (I need a list to be productive!)

the good
Blogging everyday, yay!  I got in cardio 3x. I am doing 20 to 25 minutes on the stationary bike at our house. I do want to mix it up and maybe step it up this next week though. Getting in my water is pretty easy for me. Went to my WW meeting... but again... didn't stay.  And, I did cook at home 3x last week. I made oven baked fajitas, chili and baked chicken and veggies. We also made breakfast Sunday morning, and let me say... C and I both agreed that homecooked food is just so much better!!

I also need to be a little more disciplined on my daily to-dos. But, I will say that I have been getting more done each day, so that is a good thing. 

the bad
Eating out. We did cook at home more this week and had leftovers, but we agree that we need to do that even more in the future. 

I didn't do my strength training. No good reason, just kept putting it off. I do really want to try and get that in this next week!!

I need to work on the tracking thing a little bit more... I do it about 30% of the time... which isn't near enough. I think if I were more diligent about it, I would be more likely to get in my fruit and veggies!

the ugly
I don't really have anything that was just horrible this week. I need to continue to work on my sleep schedule...but it's improving already. 

I have started getting "treats" more during the week... like a bag of m&m's or a slurpee. It hasn't had a negative effect on my weight... but I know that if I don't quit that pretty quick...it can and will get out of control. 

***

I technically have before pictures and measurements from a few months ago when I went back to WW at my highest weight. I decided that I didn't really need new ones at the beginning of the month when there was only a 8 pound difference. But I am going to take pictures and measurements tonight, and continue to do so in 10 pound increments. 

Okay... so on to the next week, basically more of the same. 

October 15 - October 21
Blog everyday
Cardio 3x (min 20 minutes)
Strength train 1x
Drink 88 ounces (min) of water everyday
2 Fruit (min) and 2 Veggie (min) everyday
Track all food/activity
Go to bed (lights out) by midnight every night. 
Take before pictures and measurements (I keep forgetting!)
Go to my WW meeting (Tuesday nights)
Cook 4 meals at home (we are so bad about this)
Make rewards list (more on this soon!)
Daily to-do lists (I need a list to be productive!)

click here to read all my 31 days to weight loss posts

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, girl! That must have been the absolute best feeling - don't let your mind get the best of you. I've seen visuals of what 10 pounds of fat looks -- that is an incredible accomplishment and you should be so proud! Use that to propel you and keep going, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! Congrats. I like you goals. Maybe I need to do that. I am on a journey with you. I am only about two weeks in. Oh what I would do for some cheese dip and chips from my favorite Mexican restaurant. I can't wait to follow along with you. :)

    ReplyDelete