9/10/14

10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT {ME}

source
I am having "a day". I mean seriously. I don't feel that good and my mind is waging war on me today.

So, it would be SUPER easy to skip today's blog post for the challenge. Super easy.

But, it's also probably the day I most need to challenge myself to persevere.

Today's prompt: List 10 things you love about yourself.

HA!!!

I find it super annoying when people toot their own horn. I feel like your positive traits should be shown and not told.  I'm also not a fan of self-deprecation. Unfortunately... I'm really good at it. Way better at it then self love. And that needs to stop. I mean nothing good comes belittling others... or ourselves.

I realize I am not perfect. Not by a long shot. And, I don't strive to be. There are certainly areas of my life that need some BIG improvements.  I need to work harder on those areas. But... I also have lots of redeeming qualities. So... as awkward as this is... hopefully it will do my psyche some good today.

source
TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF

1.  I love my husband. A lot. I'd like to think I show my gratitude and love by being a good wife.

2.  I've been blessed with good hair (and LOTS of it). Granted, it's mostly in a top-knot or bun. But, on the rare occasion I do something with it... I love it.

3.  I love my friends and family. I don't show emotion well. But... you'll never have a bigger/better ally.

4.  I'm funny. At least I think and I'm funny. And my friend and family seem to play along.

5.  My memory and sense of smell are ON POINT. These are both a blessing and a curse.

6.  I know a lot about football. And I'm passionate about my teams (even though it's sometimes painful to watch).

7.  I think I have a good eye for design and I love being creative.

8. I think I'm a smart cookie. I am self taught with lots of things. Including algebra.

9.  I love to read. It makes me sad when people say they don't like to read. I don't understand!!!

10. I take my job as "cool Aunt" VERY SERIOUSLY. I love my nieces and nephews so much!!
silly faces work every time!

3 comments:

  1. Being an aunt is the BEST! I love every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This is cute. I love it. We have some of these in common, but definitely NOT #5 & #6! Haha. And as for #9 - I don't understand either! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote at the beginning - perfect for today! Thanks for sharing your list {yes, I'm a cool aunt, too, =) I've been one since I was 4!}.
    Blessings,
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete