9/7/14

BOOKS

Brave Love Blog
I love to read. I think it stems from my grandmother being the librarian at my elementary school. I just have always loved to curl up with a good book and read until I fall asleep.

I go through phases where I may read four or five books in a week, and then go two or three weeks before I finish one book. I figure it averages out to about a book a week. So... for the last couple of years, I've set a personal goal to read 52 books in 52 weeks. Of course... the last two years have been a mess, what with my dad getting sick and then passing last year. So, I only finished about 35 or so each year.

But this year... I'm feeling pretty confident. I think I'm one book behind schedule, but I should finish the four books I am currently reading this next week. I VOW to actually complete this task this year. Y'all hold me to it!

Currently Reading
one/two/three/four
Janet Evanovich is a fun author. I remember reading One for the Money several years ago. I think at that time, she had published like 12 or 13 in the series, as well as some between the novels novels. I devoured them all in like a month. I've read each book since then, and haven't hated any of them. But, I do wonder how many more she will write. She has a couple of other newer series that I've also enjoyed.

Beth Harbison is one of my favorite authors. I've read all but one of her books... and usually really like them. This one seems good so far. 

I got an advanced copy of Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin through NetGalley. I am almost done with it. It's really challenged me... and I hope to write a blog post on this book soon.

The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street is another NetGalley book. It is LONG. I feel like I read on it almost every night and I still haven't finished it. I'm about 65% done...so I may finish it by December (kidding!). Other than it feeling like the hamster wheel of books... I do enjoy the story line. I just feel like maybe it could have been two books? Maybe I will change my mind once I've finished. 

What's Next?
one/two/three
I read The Selection by Kiera Cass a couple of weeks ago. The Elite and The One are sitting on my desk so I will probably read those next. I really like The Selection. A lot of the reviews said it was cheesy... but I guess that just appeals to me.

Read (2014)
I won't bore you with the details on each of these. If you want, you can friend me on Goodreads to see my ratings/reviews/bookshelves.

Favorites of all time?
The Harry Potter series. Jemima J by Jane Green. The Shopaholic Series. The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes. Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster (literally laughed out loud several times when reading this). Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.

Favorite authors?
Maeve Binchy, Mary Kay Andrews, Sophie Kinsella, Sandra Brown, Jen Lancaster, Emily Giffin

What are y'all reading?

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great on your goal! I think I need to give Janet Evanovich another try. I have One for the Money but never got too far into it. (ps-- NetGalley is the BEST! Free books? Yes please!)

    ReplyDelete