9/8/14

MUSIC

Today's prompt for blog-tember is MUSIC. Who doesn't love music? Now, normally I listen to sports talk when I'm in the car. I don't even know how/when I started listening to this station... but it's stuck. C thinks it is crazy. I don't do as much driving around right now... so sometimes I feel like I'm not on top of my game. Ha.

Anyway... back to music...
Darius Rucker / Pat Green : two of my favorite live shows
I grew up listening to country/southern rock. We would listen to Waylon and Willie at my mom's house. And Stevie Ray Vaughan at my dad's.

In middle school, I thought I was "too cool" for country and just listened to whatever was popular then. Vanilla Ice, Boyz II Men, Madonna, Mariah Carey, etc. Funny story... Boyz II Men are playing in Vegas... and I am trying to talk the hubs into seeing them if/when we go in November. AND... Vanilla Ice is playing a local sports bar in our fairly small town. I feel so nostalgic!

So anyway, in high school I listened to pretty much everything. I still do, but I've returned to my roots. I'm a country girl at heart.  I like "Texas Country" a bit more than the mainstream stuff, but I'm pretty easy going. I will listen to almost anything (except Beyonce... I just don't get it). I LOVE Eminem. Go figure.

I love George Strait and Elvis. I shared my favorite new Pat Green song the other day. I've always loved him. I also like Jason Boland, Miranda Lambert, Randy Rogers Band, Eli Young Band, Stoney LaRue, Bart Crow, Josh Abbott Band, and Aaron Watson. I like Pink, Taylor Swift, Adele, Darius Rucker (love love love Hootie!) Aerosmith and Bruno Mars. My favorite Christian singers/bands are Third Day, Kari Jobe, and David Crowder.

When I work out, I'll put Pandora on Eli Young Band. I usually don't have to skip anything on that one. I had it on Pat Green but it kept playing Rascall Flats and Keith Urban..even after I would skip and thumbs down them EVERY SINGLE TIME?! Take a hint Pandora.

Some of my favorite songs of all time?
Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker
If I had me a Million by Pat Green
Heavenly Day by Patti Griffin (our first dance at our wedding)
Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson (reminds me of my dad)
Somewhere Down in Texas by Jason Boland
Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N Roses
Landslide by Stevie Nicks
The Chair by George Strait
Young Girls by Bruno Mars

C and I just really like live music. There is just something about sitting  on a patio listening to live music that is good for the soul. Unless it's 100 degrees outside... let's take that party indoors. 

2 comments:

  1. Pat Green brings back so many memories of when my husband and I started dating! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love listening to live music too - so much energy!

    ReplyDelete