9/19/14

A WORD OF ADVICE

Took another couple of days off from blogging. I did manage to get some other things done around the house though. I finished a book, and I'm almost done with another. So basically, I read. Ha.  But, I'm back to the challenge today, and hoping to finish the month strong!

Today's prompt: If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?

This is a good one. My first instinct would be to tell people to be quiet more often. Just because you have an opinion (even one you feel super passionate about) doesn't mean 1) you are right or 2) we all want to hear/read/see it.

Or, I may tell people to just be kind. It's not that hard (sometimes it's as simple as just being quiet!!) Think of how different this world would be if people sought kindness more often?

But, I know that if I ever got the chance to really give a group of people advice. It would be simple. It's something I think about every single day.


LOVE ON YOUR PARENTS WHILE YOU GET THE CHANCE. 

YOU WILL MISS THEM GREATLY WHEN THEY ARE GONE. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, so so true. Thank you for the reminder. My Dad went far too soon, so much I wish I'd said (even though we were very open and very close)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes. Be quiet! I totally agree there, and you're right, it usually leads to kindness because people aren't running their mouths all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! That one hurt because I fail in this area completely! I've had some big hurts from a childhood filled with too much disfunction. Sometimes, I think I'm past all that but I realize my lack of communication with my mom is almost a subliminal punishment. Thanks for the post. I needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete