9/5/14

A DESIRED FIRE

source

Today's prompt is "I'm passionate about________"
 
{crickets}

Y'all this shouldn't be that hard of a sentence to answer, right? 

I just looked up the definition for passion and it is "a strong and barely controllable emotion".  That is pretty intense. I'm kind of ashamed to say that I'm not that motivated by anything right now. It's been a rough couple of years... and I think I have just become numb to a lot of things.

And honestly... I'm not okay with it. I want to be driven, I want to care deeply (even if it's about something as frivolous as a favorite shampoo). I want to be moved by my desires. 

I guess you could say I'm passionate about becoming passionate. 

I want/need to be passionate about Jesus.
I want/need to be passionate about my health.
I want/need to be passionate about my relationship with friends and family.
I want/need to be passionate about getting out of death/building my savings.
I want/need to be passionate about chasing my dreams (career, hobbies, traveling, etc).

One of my goals this month is to make a vision board. I know they are kind of cheesy...but I'm a visual person. I need a constant reminder of what I'm wanting/needing/dreaming of. I mean, I'm really good at just not thinking about things (especially things I need to do...what is that?). Anyway, a lot of the images I'm adding to my board can be plugged into one of those categories above. I guess that lets me know where I need to get to work!

What are you passionate about?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly it was hard for me too! I even considered not doing this prompt but i didn't want to break the trend haha

    ReplyDelete