9/26/14

FRIDAY FIVES

I keep seeing girls link up their 5 on Friday.  I used to link up to another one a while back, but it has been on hiatus for a while (just saw it's coming back next Friday!) . SO... I knew I'd have to jump in and join this one!


1. I debated skipping the blog-tember challenge today as well. The topic is great (how have you changed in the last year), and it is something I want to address... eventually...when I have a bit more time to think about that. But, I thought I would share just a little. If you don't know my story: the last 2 years have been the most difficult of my life. My dad was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 6 months later. Our sweet cat (who was basically my child!) passed away at the first of June this year, and three weeks later, my mother in law died rather suddenly. We've moved twice...with the majority of our belongings packed away in storage for over a year.  I've attempted to eat away ALL that sadness (which has only really succeeded in making me struggle with my weight even more). SO... I feel like I don't have anything positive to share for how I've changed in the last year.

Obviously, I do realize that I have changed over the last few years. The main thing that has stuck with me the last two years is that LIFE IS SHORT. It's here and then it's gone. I remember when my mother in law was in the hospital, C and I kept saying how quick this was all happening. It's like she was okay one day and the next, she wasn't. I don't wan't my "one day" to come too quick, ya know? I want to make sure I'm living, truly living, all of my days...so I don't have any regrets.

Of course, the "wanting" and "doing" part of my brain don't communicate well. So we are sort of stuck in a rut right now. Maybe next year, I will have amazing, inspiring, encouraging story of personal growth to share?!

2. On a lighter note... we are actually getting all of our stuff out of storage this weekend!! Hallelujah!! We have two dressers that we had bought right before we moved. I have big plans to refinish them and use one as a buffet in the dining room and one as a media cabinet. Here are some of the ideas I am loving (do y'all follow Noteworthy Home on facebook? You should!)

one/two/three/four
3. We need a new couch. We've had ours for 6 years...which doesn't seem like that long for a couch. I guess we got a new couch every 10 years or so growing up? I don't even remember!! But, it's showing some definite wear and tear. I don't want to spend the money on a new one, so I'm thinking about buying some foam and adding it inside our cushions. Has anyone done this? They are so flat right now!! I do know that the next time we buy a couch, we are going to spend a little bit more and get a really good quality one. I want a big leather one! I can't quit looking at these tufted ones.

top/bottom
4. The State Fair of Texas starts today! I haven't been in YEARS. But, my best friend's husband is performing there this weekend (The Commandant's Own). C and are going to try and get out there for a bit on Sunday! Charlie told me the other day that he has NEVER been to the fair. WHAT?!! He's so weird! Ha. After 14 years together, he still surprises me.

5. We managed to go for a walk the other day. I know. I should have told y'all to sit down before I revealed that. Ha. I hated every single second of it, but was so proud when we were done. Also... a 20 minute walk made sweat like crazy and I was actually sore afterwards. Proof positive that I have GOT to start doing more. A girl that graduated with my sister lost a bunch of weight after high school. She has been SUCH a huge inspiration to to me. And... I just found out that she is moving into the building around the corner this weekend!!! I'm going to try and talk her into making me skinny too! Ha.

Y'all have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the State Fair of Texas! I'm not sure if we'll get the chance to go this year, but I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete