9/21/14

FALL FAVORITES

I have ALWAYS loved fall. I feel like it's kind of cliche to say that now. But, seriously. Me and fall? A match made in heaven.

Which is why today's blog-tember prompt is my jam.

Today's prompt: Fall Favorites. What do you love most about this season?
one/two(my own photo)/three/four/five
Let's talk about why fall is awesome.

1. The idea that cooler temps are on their way. I live in North Texas. And it is HAWT here in the summer. I mean, it's nearly the end of September and I am still sweating if I have to do any kind of activity outdoors. But, I know that once the kiddos go back to school, it's not much longer till the ac doesn't have to run all the time.

2. Cute clothes. I love boots and sweaters and denim and jackets. Maybe if I was 110 pounds I might like wearing next to nothing, but I'm not (by a long shot) and I really just prefer to cover it up. Layers!! And fall lets you do this without dying of heat stroke.

3. Back to school. I've already established that I'm kind of a nerd. I like school. I like learning. I always loved going back to school and hanging out with any friends I hadn't seen over summer. I loved meeting new teachers and mapping out a plan for the year. Now, I just like that Target isn't full of screaming kids when I go shop in the middle of the day. But, the idea is the same.

4. Speaking of Target and back to school.... the school supply aisles are my favorite! I don't really need 35 new spirals and another set of pens. But I want them. And some index cards. And a binder! Ha.

5. Pumpkins. Cute to decorate, cute to eat. I love pumpkin flavored anything. My sister makes a pumpkin cheesecake sopapilla that is out of this world. Pair that with pumpkin spice frap and some pumpkin seeds... I'm good to go.

6. Honeycrisp apples. They are my favorite!!!

7. Football. Seriously. They wait from February to September nearly kills me every year. Of course, sometimes the ups and downs of the season nearly do me in anyway. BUT... I wouldn't have it any other way.

8. My favorite thing about fall? Celebrating another year married to my sweet husband. We got married the Saturday before Thanksgiving 2008. Excited to celebrate SIX years this fall.

1 comment:

  1. I am a total school supplies junkie and I haven't been a student for 5 years! If my husband ever loses me in Target he knows right where to go. One of the main reasons I journal is so I can buy more cute journals :)

    ReplyDelete