9/30/14

GOODBYE SEPTEMBER

I'm a little sad to see the blog-tember challenge come to an end, but I've had a lot of fun. And I have some fun stuff planned for October!

Today's prompt: A farewell coffee date. Take some time to breath, sip a warm drink, and share with your new blogging buddies.


via
I thought I would start by saying thank you to all the new readers (and my old friends too!). The last couple of years have been a roller-coaster and blogging definitely took a backseat. It's been so fun getting back into it though! 

Secondly, I thought I would go over my September goals. I am writing this post a 6 in the morning, so I may have to come back later today and update anything I complete (look at me being optimistic!). Of course, it is 6 in the morning and I'M STILL AWAKE, so I may accomplish absolutely nothing the rest of the day. 

September Goals
1.  Hit the 15 pound lost mark (GOING TO WEIGH IN TONIGHT, WILL UPDATE LATER)
2.  Organize my  paperwork (I did manage to somewhat organize the student loan stuff)
3.  Excercise at least 5x  
4.  Read 5 books (3/5... ALMOST DONE WITH 4 AND 5... SO CLOSE!)
5.  Blog more 
6.  Redesign my design site (IN PROCESS! HOPE TO FINISH TODAY!)
7.  Get me a spirit shirt (buy or make) for Dalton's football season
8.  Go to church (we are trying new churches)
9.  Complete a vision board
10. Help C empty storage (WELL, I DIDN'T HELP SO MUCH AS STAY OUT OF HIS WAY)
11. Refinish media cabinet
12. Get curtains for living room
13. Finish paperwork for school
14. Make calendar of important dates and mail cards/get gifts
15. Do something about my hair (cut and color?) GOT IT CUT, NEED TO COLOR STILL!
16. Backup photos from phone (I've NEVER done this..eek)
17. Get/make a fall wreath
18. Picture a day 
19. Make 2 new recipes (1/2... AND I MADE THAT ONE RECIPE A COUPLE OF TIMES.)
20. Watch the Cowboys WIN (We are 3-1 people... 3-1! This past weeks game was AMAZING!)

I did okay. Clearly I could have done better. But, I also know that I could have done a lot worse (do I say this every month?) Oh well, it's the truth! Maybe October will bring even more productivity!
October Goals
1.  Hit the 20 pound lost mark (I may modify this after tonight's weigh-in)
2.  Organize my  paperwork
3.  Excercise at least 8x  
4.  Read 5 books
5.  Blog everyday for the 31 Day Challenge
6.  Get a spirit shirt (buy or make) for Dalton's football season 
7.  Go to church (we are trying new churches)
8.  Refinish media cabinet
9.  Get curtains for living room
10. Finish paperwork for school
11. Make calendar of important dates and mail cards/get gifts
12. Get hair colored
13. Get/make a fall wreath
14. Picture a day 
15. Make 2 new recipes
16. Get rings inspected and cleaned
17. Unpack 5 boxes from storage
18. Deep clean apartment
19. Continue working on budget
20. Watch the Cowboys WIN (I'll need help with this one!)
*Make daily to-do lists so that I can stay on top of things!

Whew. A lot of those are obviously things that have rolled over a month or two (or ten). Here's to getting them marked off (for good!) this month!

I'm so excited about my 31 Day Writing Challenge for October. I participated in this last year and I'm actually doing the same topic (31 days of weight loss). I'm feeling super motivated right now, and after a lot of thought, I decided that I would try it again. Hopefully, it will be beneficial for me (and others!) 

I'll be back tomorrow with an introduction to that as well as my plans for the month.

Have a great day!! 

2 comments:

  1. What productivity! I should do up a monthly goal too!
    It's been a great Blogtember.. See Ya around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow go you! Good luck with your next challenge and well done for this month too!

    ReplyDelete