9/9/14

PERSONALITY

Today's prompt: Let's talk personality types. Introverted? Extroverted? Unsure-troverted? If you know you Myers-Briggs type, share it!

Before I took the test,  I thought I would just describe my personality the way I see it.

So, I'm Tricia and I'm....

-an introvert... unless I'm comfortable around you. 
-emotional, but very guarded. 
-not overly compassionate, I don't do "feelings" well. 
-a big day dreamer. 
-a believer in unlimited opportunities and that things aren't always set in stone. 
-a rule follower. 
-loyal to a fault.
-analytical. But also creative.
-a numbers fan and I over think just about everything. 
-a planner; love to-do lists. But, I need to feel motivated to actually do things.

Also, I'm fairly certain I have mild OCD. I took 4 personality tests.

One just ranked me as Rational (which includes ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP and INTP)
Two of them scored me as INTJ (both scoring me high on Intuitive "N")
And one scored me as ISTJ (but only marginally Observant or "S")

The last test (here) had a sliding scale to answer with...so that may have had something to do with the different outcome? 

Anyway... about INTJ

It's one of the rarest personality traits, especially with women (less that 1% of women) and they are "imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy". (source

unknown
This makes me laugh out loud. Don't make clicking noises around me (hahaha...ask my husband). Don't act stupid around me. Don't get emotional near me (that sounds awful...but I just get super uncomfortable!). Do not hug me. Do not surprise or scare me. SO SO SO me!! In a nice way...of course. Ha.

I think most women have a natural tendency to be a caregiver...I'm just not one of those. I am not touch-feely. I never really noticed it until a few years ago when I was in my first car wreck. A girl had managed to side-swipe an older lady's car and then rear-end mine. I never really got angry, but I just kept wondering how it had happened... like I was trying to reconstruct the scene and I kept thinking there is no logical way her car could have done this, this and this when it was just doing this. Meanwhile both the younger girl and the older woman were worried about everyone being okay/not injured. Obviously I wanted everyone to be okay. But, I guess since I was okay, I just never thought to ask the others? 

I did read that INTJ's have a tendency to be narcissistic... and I don't think I'm a full blown narcissist... but I do need to be careful not to get to that point. The good thing working for me is that I over think everything... so hopefully that serves as a good checks and balances for me! It's not that I want others to suffer, I just some times forget my manners to make sure they are doing ok. If that makes sense. 

Oh...and I looked up famous INTJ. Kind of depressing. Ha. Not very many women at all. Lots of scientists and well, geniuses (yay!) but also a lot of terrorists (?)! My favorite celebrity INTJ partners in crime are Ashley Olsen and Mark Zuckerberg.

Cha ching. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, if there's not alot of women then perfect place for you! Thanks for sharing, love the "do not squander their energy". Happy Blog-tember challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you go take this test? I want to take one! Haha!

    Also, i would have never guessed some of this about you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete