9/11/14

INSPIRED

Today's promptHow do you stay inspired? Who inspires you the most?

one/two/three/four
I am a visual person. Sometimes I get somewhere (like little boutiques or flea markets) and I feel like I'm on sensory overload!! Even with just everyday life, I am constantly inspired - and I find inspiration in all kinds of places.

I used to tear out images of magazines or save pictures I found online to look at later when I needed a creative spark. If only I'd thought of turning this idea into a social media platform! Ha. Love instagram, tumblr and pinterest. If I'm feeling blah or uninspired, I will just spend a few minutes perusing one (or all) of these. That usually does the trick! 

I still tear up my magazines. I love doing vision boards or pinning things that inspire me on my bulletin board or fridge. I will pick up menus that I like the design of, keep the cute sales tag from a purchase. I'm also kind of a hoarder... but that is probably not related. Right?

Other things that inspire me?
Pattern (polka dots, stripes, animal print)
Turquoise
Family pictures
Fresh flowers
Television (Friends!)
New office/school supplies
And...

Shopping! My favorite stores/inspiration stops:
Anthropolgie, Junk Gypsy, Kate Spade, Target, Homegoods, World Market, stationery stores, flea markets (Canton First Monday!) and local boutiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment